Henry F. Owsley
Co-founder and Managing Partner
Bacchus Capital Management, LLC
San Francisco and New York
Mr. Owsley is a Co-founder and a Managing Partner of Bacchus Capital Management. At Bacchus, Mr. Owsley has played a key role in all of the firm's transactions and investments:
- a financing of Cameron Hughes Wine, one of America's fastest growing wine businesses;
- a financing of Qupé, a leading Central Coast winery;
- a financing of Andretti Winery, a well-known Napa winery founded by Mario Andretti;
- a financing of Wine by Joe, the 2nd largest wine producer in Oregon;
- most recently, a significant equity investment in Sbragia Family Vineyards.
Mr. Owsley is also the Founder and CEO of Gordian Group, LLC, a leading independent investment bank specializing in complex and distressed financial advisory work.
Mr. Owsley is consistently named by The Deal as one of the ten leading investment bankers involved in bankruptcies and restructurings. He has extensive experience in the business of solving complex financial challenges, serving as an investment banker and often as an expert witness in precedent-setting litigation. He is the co-author of the definitive work in the field, Distressed Investment Banking: To the Abyss and Back, Beard Books LLC, 2005.
Prior to joining Gordian, Mr. Owsley was at Goldman, Sachs & Co. where he founded the firm's Workout Group as well as was a founding member of its Technology Group.
Mr. Owsley received a Bachelor of Science degree summa cum laude from Princeton University. He earned a Master of Science degree from the Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His honors included Phi Beta Kappa, Tau Beta Pi and Sigma Xi.