BLAINE, Wash. – More than 60 wine lovers gathered at Semiahmoo Resort for the inauguralNorthwest Wine Encounter, an event that celebrates the beauty and diversity of Pacific Northwest wines.
Winemakers and grape growers from Washington and Oregon took part in the event. They were:
- Bob Betz, founder and winemaker for Betz Family Winery in Woodinville, Wash.
- Chris Upchurch, co-founder and winemaker for DeLille Cellars in Woodinville, Wash.
- Joe Dobbes, owner and winemaker for Dobbes Family Estate in Dundee, Ore.
- Darel Allwine, winemaker for Col Solare on Washington’s Red Mountain.
- Dick Boushey, owner of Boushey Vineyards in the Yakima Valley town of Grandview.
Patrons and wine professionals tasted through wines of Washington and Oregon for three days at the stunning Semiahmoo Resort near the Canadian border just south of Vancouver, British Columbia. They were treated to a delicious five-course gala dinner Saturday evening.
Here are a few photos from the inaugural Northwest Wine Encounter.